The Joint Commission Accreditation
This community health center is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Accreditation means that this outpatient facility has volunteered to undergo a challenging, comprehensive evaluation. It has made a significant extra effort to review and improve the key factors that can affect the quality and safety of your care.
Accreditation by The Joint Commission is considered the Gold Standard in health care. Hospitals have been evaluated by The Joint Commission for more than 50 years. This facility is accredited just as the hospitals in your community are accredited.
Doctors and nurses from The Joint Commission personally visited this facility to conduct a review and looked at how well the facility:
- provides a safe environment for your care
- educates you about the risks and options for diagnosis and treatment
- protects your rights as a patient, including your right to confidentiality
- evaluates your condition, before, during and after diagnosis and treatment
- protects you against infection
- plans for emergency situations
For more information on The Joint Commission visit www.jointcommission.org
The public or any LCDF employee may contact The Joint Commission to report a patient safety event or concern about LCDF or another accredited health care organization.
Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181