La Clinica de Familia, Inc. (LCDF) is a private, not-for-profit federally qualified health center (FQHC) that was established in Doña Ana County, New Mexico in 1978. LCDF provides quality health care for the entire family through a system of medical clinics, dental clinics, school based clinics, behavioral health services, mental health services, Early Head Start programs, Healthy Start programs and a Promotora program. LCDF health and social services programs are funded by grants, contracts, and fee-for-service.
LCDF Funding Sources:
- U.S. Department of HHS – HRSA – Bureau of Primary Care
- State of New Mexico
- Doña Ana County
- City of Las Cruces
- Medicaid and Medicare
- Commercial Insurance
- Sliding scale fees paid out-of-pocket by patients
- Private Foundations
- Empowering and enriching families, children and communities with quality health services and education.
- LCDF empowers and enriches families, individuals and communities by providing quality medical, dental, behavioral health and educational services for people of all cultures.
LCDF Core Values:
- Commitment to excellence and exceeding high standards
- Commitment to strong ethical behavior
- The importance of a safe, secure environment
- The acceptance of diversity
- The dignity and respect of every individual
- Mutual responsibility and accountability
- Teamwork as key to meeting our mission
Notice Regarding Malpractice Insurance Coverage
La Clinica de Familia, Inc. is a federal Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
In addition, LCDF’s providers are deemed federal employees, with resultant coverage under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) for actions within the scope of deemed employment, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). Accordingly, claims or notice of medical malpractice claims should be submitted by a claimant to the HHS Office of General Counsel. Contact LCDF’s corporate compliance officer for more information.