510 E. Lisa
Chaparral, NM 88081
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
(Lunes – Viernes)
8:00am – 5:00pm
Gaston Berrios, MD Medical Director
Gaston Berrios, MD is our Medical Director and cares for patients at our Chaparral Medical Clinic. Dr. Berrios attended medical school at Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Nicaragua in Leon, Nicaragua. He completed his Family Medicine Residency at Texas Tech University in El Paso, Texas. Dr. Berrios exhibits exemplary efforts in assisting patients including participating in relief efforts with Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Mitch; he also participated in Project Health for Leon and the Duke University Medical Team assisting with translations preparing patients and their families for heart surgeries on a pediatric population. Dr. Berrios was also on the team of surgeons that performed the First Cardiac Valve Replacement in Nicaragua.
Jesus Hernandez, DNP
Jesus Hernandez, DNP, cares for patients at our Chaparral Medical Clinic. He is a native of Venezuela and has lived in El Paso for many years. After attending the University of Texas in El Paso, TX where he received his Bachelors and Masters of Science in Nursing, then returned to obtain his Doctor of Nursing Practice.
Bertha Lorena Martinez, DNP
Lorena Martinez, DNP is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. Lorena sees patients at our Chaparral Medical Clinic and joined La Clinica de Familia with many years of experience in Critical Care. She received her Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from the University of Texas in El Paso and her Masters of Science in Nursing from Walden University in Minneapolis, MN.
Sandra Franco, CNP
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Prenatal Pediatric/Adolescent
- Adult Women’s Health
- Preventative Physicals (School and Employment)
- Minor In-Office Surgery
- Family Planning
- Migrant Health
- Behavioral Health
- Diabetes Health Education
For your visit
- Come 15 minutes early to process paperwork.
- Bring your insurance, Medicare or Medicaid Centennial Care card.
- Bring financial information (Current tax return or copies of pay stubs) if applying for discount fee programs.
- Bring any medications you are taking.
- Bring immunization records.
- Bring information about any medical care you received elsewhere since your last visit.